bobby bunny and friends       bobby bunny and friends       bobby bunny and friends       bobby bunny and friends       bobby bunny and friends       bobby bunny and friends      bobby bunny and friends

Wednesday 5 September 2012

A Little About My Inspiration for Bobby Bunny & Friends!

I have always had a love of art and animals, and it was when I was at college that I decided to combine the two loves, and go down the route of wanting to be an illustrator. As I have said before my bunnies have always been a big part of my life and the inspiration for my characters. So even though they recently passed away, I feel I should tell you a little about them and how I gained my love of bunnies. I will try not to go on too much, but here goes..... Ever since I set eyes on some baby bunnies on a farm trip at the age of ten I have been hooked. After nagging my parents for a year to be able to have a bunny they finally gave in, and I got my first rabbit a mini Rex named Dusty for my eleventh birthday in 1999. I loved him very much but he died very suddenly at the age of only one and a half of unknown causes, leaving me devastated. After this I wasn’t sure I could face the pain of having and losing more bunnies, but it was worse seeing the hutch all empty. I then fell in love with two little baby lop bunnies in 2000 that we called Milly & Molly. They were two cheeky, mischievous and affectionate little bunnies; Milly was brown and white & Molly black and white.

My Mill & Moll
Milly was always the dominant one, the dopey one, the cheeky one and could be a bit of a bully towards her sister occasionally. Molly was the little one, she was also the adventurous one, until the age of seven when she got cataracts and became completely blind. She still managed to live a happy life, going up and down the steps in her hutch and the garden. But she did become more reliant on Milly, and she would look out for little Moll. They both lived the good life and were very lazy, which is probably something to do with having an owner that pampered them a bit too much! They never even tried to dig holes anywhere, as it involved far too much effort! But they’re favourite past time was always eating! They both lived long happy fulfilled lives, until Molly passed away at the grand old age of eleven and a half in Oct 2012, closely followed by Milly three month later in Jan 2012. I miss them both very much as they were a huge part of my life, but they still continue to inspire my work though my memories of them. Anyway enough about my bunnies. (I could go on, but I don't want to bore you to death.)........x

No comments:

Post a Comment